Tuesday, September 28, 2010

The Ugly Duckling

When people frowned and glared at me...
For being the odd one out,
They thought I was stupid,
Lookin’ down from there prejudiced glasses
Nodding with obvious doubts...
I was made to feel stupid,
I was sent to a corner...
And as I went,
I heard them call me-
“Shyah... Ugly Duckling”.

But that did the magic,
And that made me smile,
‘Cause someday they'll see my wings,
Spread wide with pride!
So as I go to my lonely corner,
For being the odd one out,
I close my eyes and clench my fists
And decide to show them,
What this little duckling is all about!

3 comments:

  1. With the soul growling inside,
    the explosive ready to go off.
    The ugly duckling moved-
    to the corner, perspiring.
    With no intention to hide,
    and lesser to show off-
    For a vociferous vengeance she prepared;
    little did people know, what she was aspiring.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Didn't choose to take the path less-trodden.
    The path was thrust into my vision.
    Didn't choose to trample the fresh green grass.
    Was thrust on it, sans permission.

    Very, very relate-able. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. they thought they saw, but alas they didn't.
    their glasses painted in hazy tint.
    they sent me to a corner thinking id fear
    but the fear in them wouldn't let me near

    i smile in pride , ugly i am
    colored glasses and distressed sham.

    i bathe in glory and pride and joy
    i ceased to be their marvelous toy
    their wish to rule, ruined in the sun
    for now i am now the grand white swan

    ReplyDelete